Budapest, hungary, here i come~! =D
im suuuuper ecstatic about this MUN…its going to be sooo coool for sooo many reasons xD
i still cant believe im going. i kept crying to my super strict parents to let me go, especially since i didnt go to the Yale Prague one last year. But they turned away from my pleading with points of how insanely expensive it is, how im still too young, and how id miss out on too much school work.
Now, first, i just googled YMGE to actually SEE what it stands for. which is the Yale Government MUN Europe apparently. aaand i shall simple put the link for the official thingie here.
Its a trip of ten days last i heard, and its a four day MUN, i believe. or five. god knows. i hear something different form every person going. (someone even said NINE, dammit. -.- ) its in november, in the winter, so i might actually see SNOW after so loooong. i miss that pretty sparkly and fluffy soft looking snow =3 especially coming form Chicago, snow reminds me of home ^_^ and theres no snow in the particular city i am currently residing in =/ just hail. hail that HURTS. (dat hike, remember?) so yeah. no really homey feeling with the weather here. (especially that the leaves dont go beautiful shades of brown, amber, red, orange, yellow and golds. they just turn a pale green, if anything, then drop to the ground. it is the WORST autumn i have ever seen. but such a rant deserves its own post. but not today. some other time then.)
i just checked the YMGE site and there specialized committee is NATO O.o whoah. i wasnt expecting that at a government MUN :O but then again, im pretty unfamiliar with the format for this kinda MUN. ive only ever done the UN MUNs with committees like UNEP, HRC, DISEC, SOCHUM, etc. (where i have been isreal twice, and ireland once. Yep, The I is for Irish was IRELAND ❤ ikr?! xD ) (imagine being israel in disec =/ more on that in another para…)
so yeaaah, reasons i shall enjoy this trip like hell,
1. its my first ever trip alone-ish (no relatives) to Europe
2. Im going with my best friend Ayesha, and ill be rooming with her for ten whole days xD since weve both never been free enough to do sleep overs, this is a total first =P
3. I love plane rides. like insanely love them. looong ones are the BEST. like fourteen hours. or more. or even twelves good. But im not sure how long this flight is…nine maybe? i shall google it now. dammit, its only six and a half hours -.- i was reaaaallyyy hoping for a much longer flight…oh wyell….bleh =P but still. plane rides are fun ^_^
*sorry, i poofed for a bit, i had to baby sit rida and now i shall be munching on pasta while typing the rest of this out. lets seee where was i…*
4. the crowd im going with shall be mostly super fun ^_^ theres only one person i hate and find irritating as hell (yup, assads going =/ uugh, shes soo annoying -.- i shall explain one legit reason why i dont like her in a bit) then the druggies and drinkers know im not that kinda hippie and shall leave me out of it. plus, since this time ayesha and i shall be sharing a room, there wont be anyone smoking (and smoking week) in there at all. so phewww. last time, a chick smoked and the room was suffocating. for obvious reasons i had to go sit in the hallway to clear my head then i barged in on the guys room and made origami there while watching phineas and ferb like a boss. at like 3 am. pluuus, theres Ayesha’s BFF coming too xD so i cant waaait to see how he tries to tighten that friendship with her now =P or maybe hell stalk her into her committee sessions, while ditching his own :O ooor, he might even come out of the closet =P yeaah, im mean. but then aziz did say that hell never room with him, and then mishaal said itd actually be safer for him to room with a chick. ahahahahaha =D so yeah, theres that. then theres aziz coming along as well which is fun, cuz hes pretty decent. i mean, he drinks, but doesnt smoke, and hes nice to ayesha and me. hes pretty cool, so thats good. other people shall be doing there own thing, so we dont really have to worry about who to hang out with. plus, i totally plan on making friends there. who knows, maybe my The Irish Love Me dream prophecized this and i shall meet a hot irish dude :O and maybe, juuust maybe, ayesha will find the french chick from that dream too xD and if were lucky, the dream might just end the same way for her =P hahaha so yeaaah
5. Shooopppiiing. i know its europe, but STILL. i shall shop. and winter sales ❤ wohoo =3 plus, aziz needs help picking out clothes for his older sister, sarah. (i find it the FUNNEST shopping for other people)
6. and and and its a YALE MUN. YAAALE ❤ my dream school. so im thrilled to say itll look pretty impressive on my college app if i do go =3 and win =D a girl can dream, kay? and then theres the whole thing that
I AM INFACT GOIIIING~!!! xD >x< =D 😉
cuz my dad already paid for it all so yay =3
and one more plus, since i have a US passport, i dont even need to get the visa! while almost everyone else does. =P *does a crazy dance*
aaand the list format is totally gone now =P oh wyell…so yeah, let me enlighten my non-existent readers (sniff. pshaw, no, i dont really care about that since this is a scrapbook journal for future-me ^_^) and remind future-me why i dont really like eman asad.
One, i am simply and utterly irritated by her. just am. she didnt do anything to me personally, but i still dont like her. shes pretty hypocritical and THAT VOICE. UGH. its the most annoying sound in the world. plus she ends her sentences with ‘na’ and in a pretty whinny voice -.- oh, and i dont mean she has a pretty voice. she doesnt. i mean, she has a very whinny voice. as in, adverb. still. so. so. SO. irritating. Then shes one of those girls who are simply aunties at heart. and she brings like an original Louis Viton purse to school =/ her entire crowd does. but to me, its just cheap. they try so hard to be sophisticated and have all this designer stuff, yet it backfires so immensely.
Two, theres the scene where i saw her in the girls bathroom putting on enough make up for her own prom. (and here, its not very normal for teenaged girls to wear make up on a daily basis. us desi. were all about the natural beauty ^_^ ) so shes got a HUUUGE make up bag, the size of a folder, and shes putting on eyeliner, eye shadow, and even mascara. she had bottles of foundation and blusher in there too. guess i missed that bit of her magical make over. and when i did come out of the stall, i saw her and was obviously a bit shocked. you dont see scenes like this very often, especially when the chick putting on her make up looks like a kid and is dressed in her school uniform. but she continued like it was the most normal thing in the world. she had such concentration while doing it too. as i walked out of the stall and washed my hands, two other girls came in and we started a conversation. *interrupted once more by a call from ayesha -.- getting really tired of your shit, ayesha! (its a debate thing =P)* and she continued without so much as blinking, or even inevitably or involuntarily glancing to see who it was who just entered. geez.
Three, she actually did something personal to me. well, not personal so much, but it was super annoying. then she even started somewhat spreading a rumor! that girl =/ Basically, she thinks im a super goody goody who shouldnt go (since most the people going are going for partying.) (ironic, cuz everyone else is cool with me going, but her? not so much. loads of people think shell start rumors or tell on them since shes got such a holier-than-thou attitude.) and especially doesnt want me to go since i stole the spot for the trip she wants reserved for her best friend, sameen. thing is, sameen doesnt even want to GO. no clue why, shes got her own reasons so yeah. but still, emaan wants me off this trip so she can somehow convince sameen to go in my stead. Hah. so not happening. the first day, after the school announced which 16 people qualified to go (only 8 were actually picked by the debate coach, but the school wanted more *cough money cough* to go so they picked another 8) she came up to me and asked, all innocent like if i did indeed plan on going, or if i wasnt. dammit, you blah, yes, i am going -.- im an actual debater, why wouldnt i go?! Then a few days later she sorta started spreading a rumor about how i wasnt going anymore. which really pissed me off. ayeshas BFF came ove, all concerned and shit, that im not going. i just got angry and said ‘somebody’s been spreading rumors, but no, i AM infact going. so see you on the plane. (without sameen~ )’ gosh, i have yet to tell that little toont off for that. and maybe ill say something like that…’so eman, i paid for the trip, so its official, im going. so sorry sameen couldnt come in my place instead, tough luck. oh well…theres always next time, right? i mean, im sure youll win an award so theyll just HAVE to pick you again. oh, gotta go, see on the plane, kay? toodles~’ yeah, i should totally say something like that to her…
AAAAaaaaaaahhhhhh! i cant waaaait to gooo >x<
oh, and the hotel? its a FIVE STAR one! and it looks SO FREAKIN’ PRETTYYY~! (heres a link to some epic pictures i found while googling it) aaaand the conferences shall be there, so minimal chances of getting late! (oh no worries, ill manage somehow or the other. i like a challenge.) and so, all the other delegates and ministers will also be in the same hotel as us ^_^ huzzah to socializing~
so yeaaah, cant wait. plus, im sure the socials (social events. you know, the parties and dinners and all that MUNs have to encourage bonding with other people?) will be BRILLIANT.
aaah. more on this later, like when its close to the date of departure. date of departure. i like the sound of that.
so yeah, enough of this, i gotta go now =) so laterrrr~
the cool as hell snowman bringing inspiration to all.